Friday, July 30

ReCovery



I don't know about you guys, but I'm a strong opponent of all the Red Bulls of the world. It's not only the sour and unpleasantly bubbly taste, but especially the ingredients in them (ummm...taurine, seriously!?) that bother me. First year in college, I tried to ignore both the taste and the disturbing reality of what I was actually putting in my body, but after a plethora of articles plagued my email inbox about the risks of heart attacks and artery explosions (thanks daddy!), I gave up on Red Bull altogether, moved on to coffee, found that I didn't like that, either...and simply resolved to sleeping more at night, and early-morning showers to wake up feeling fresh all on my own.

Of course, everyone has slip-ups, and this morning in particular was a rough one. With close friends' birthdays and the overall realization that summer is slipping away, this week has been one that severely lacked sleep. My alarm declared itself my worst enemy when it went off and blasted "Cliffs of Dover" through my pillow and into my sleepy ears, and rising to get dressed, it seems that all my energy allowed was the ability to climb awkwardly (I failed to hop!) into a cab, and mumble my office address as the destination.

Here comes the punch line: as I was stepping through the grand revolving doors of my building, a man stood there, whom I probably wouldn't have paid attention to, for I had music blasting in my ears to keep me conscious, except for he handed me a can, and I had to look down. At first, I thought it WAS Red Bull, and I was about to go through a whole internal conflict of whether or not to drink it. Instead, I looked down at this:




Code Blue. I'd never heard of it, but it claimed to be a "recovery drink". I just had to have it. I saw no sketchy ingredients listed on the side, and no acidic smell came to harass my senses when I popped open the can. Now, I'm sipping this strange new beverage as I write. And the presence of agave nectar in there definitely makes this energy drink taste more like a re-energizing juice than its aggressive-tasting peers.
I approve! :)

What do you think of energy drinks?
Have you tasted Code Blue?


xoLo

Photography Credits: All Rights Reserved, Lo

No comments: